About 50% of our clients at Pacific Natural Birth choose to give birth in water and a majority use water to cope with labor pain.
- The birth centers have lovely large tubs in every room.
- When planning to birth at home, you can rent or purchase a portable tub to labor in.
- Water birth is not currently an option in any Seattle hospitals.
- There are several local companies offering labor tub rental: labortubs.com, newmoonbirth.com, http://www.birthtubsandbeyond.com/
- You can also purchase a tub of your own for less than a rental, but it won’t come with a heater and you will need to have support people and buckets ready to help keep the water warm.
For more information about water birth, visit waterbirth.org.