Pacific Natural Birth provides holistic maternity care for low risk pregnancies and birth at home or birth center birth in the Seattle-Metro area.
Midwives combine personalized compassionate care with the advantages of modern medicine.
Services include: pre-conception visits, miscarriage support, consent-based prenatal testing, pager service, family planning, Pap smear, STI screening, nutrition counseling, ultrasound referral, fetal monitoring, and personalized prenatal visits.
Midwives provide labor management, breastfeeding support, newborn care, newborn screening and postpartum follow up in your own home.
- 24/7 direct pager access to your midwife for labor and other urgent needs during your course of care.
- Pregnancy care: Appointments take place in our Ballard location. We draw blood for lab tests here, but order ultrasounds to be done with a radiologist. Visits are scheduled monthly and more frequently in the third trimester. During the last month of pregnancy you see your midwife weekly. Book your appointment online.
- Care during a miscarriage: We understand that this can be a difficult time that requires some gentle support. We offer 24/7 pager access, appropriate testing, phone calls throughout the process and afterwards, support group and other community resource information and discussion about preparing to become pregnant again. Contact us.
- Community connections - Our clients benefit from our partnership with specialists in physical therapy, nutrition, obstetrics, genetic counseling, endocrinology and naturopathy. We also offer other community resources that fit the needs of growing family.
- Birth at home
- Birth center birth
- Water birth (at both home and birth center)
- Breastfeeding support and education.
- Postpartum care: A unique service we offer is up to 12 hours continued postpartum support after birth for parents desiring the reassurance of a skilled presence while adjusting to life with a newborn. We also come to your home in the days after your baby is born to check on both of you and we care for you until 6 weeks after birth.
- Newborn care: We provide well-newborn care during the first few weeks of life. This includes performing two metabolic screens and a Critical Congenital Heart Defect screen, weight checks and discussion of newborn care.
- Discount massage services: As a Licensed Massage Practitioner with Seattle Well Mama Massage, Jenn provides discounted sessions to Pacific Natural Birth clients.